Living With Designer Genes

Raising a child with special needs isn't easy, but neither is raising a typical one.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Discovering 10 Spray




Having a child on the autism spectrum can mean lots and lots of sensory issues. Having ones hair touched or brushed can be extremely painful for some kids on the spectrum. For those who are always looking or ways to improve the lives of those around us, I have an awesome recommendation for you!  I want to share my favorite hair product with you. It has  literally changed our lives for the better.  It's called  It's a Ten and it has truly been a miracle hair product, just like the bottle says!  My daughter Brooke is extremely tender headed and before we found It's a Ten, she could not stand to have her hair brushed, at all.  The slightest hair brushing would set her into a tailspin. Mornings and after bath times were filled with screaming, crying, and wild tantruming as I  tried desperately to get a brush through her long locks or God forbid, to try and style it.  Now, ALL OF THAT IS GONE, hairbrushing is a pleasant experience, and I have It's a Ten to thank. You can use it on wet or dry hair.  I usually pump about five or six sprays on Brooke's hair and immediately I can get the brush through it with no fussing. One day,  I started using it on my hair and l love it too. It makes my hair so easy to brush and lay very nice after flat ironing.  It is a bit pricey at $30 a bottle, but it only takes a few squirts and it really lasts a long time.  It comes in two sizes, but go for the bigger size, as it is a much better deal.  I promise you, if you have a child who has sensory issues related to hair, is  sensitive to hair brushing or who gets horrible hair tangles, it is definitely money well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment